Tuesday, February 23, 2010

All is well in Ghana-land

All is well in Ghana-land. Time is flying by in a blur, I cant believe how quickly everything has gone by already!

Classes have been wonderful, we went to a contemporary art gallery last Tuesday with my art class, and I was so struck by the way art is approached here, at least modern art. Art is a complete luxury, not a way of life the way it was in the future, and the way I know it to be back home, surrounded by so many practicing artists…

We all had homestays this weekend so dispersed into the greater Accra region to stay with traditional Ghanaian families for three days. What an experience! We attended their aunts surprise 40th birthday party last Friday and danced until four in the morning, everyone, children, babies, grandparents…it was phenomenal. It was such a different experience being in another house that does things so differently than I am used to, but it was a valuable experience. It made me so grateful for my own family, as I am dailyJ

Sorry about the short post, but I will keep them coming when I have a moment! Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment