Thursday, May 13, 2010

Final Blog

These last few weeks have been completely full so many things. I feel like bursting there are so many emotions swimming around everyone, and everything here. I am so sad to leave, but at the same time, I am so excited for all of the wonderful things awaiting me at home. Being here has made me appreciate how tolerate, diverse and open-minded it is in America. I can safely say that that is not a sentiment that I thought I would come away with. My journal is bursting with watercolors and clippings and mementos, I can’t wait for you to see!
I just finished my last final this afternoon so all of the academic work is completely done, and it feels really good. On top of that, we have been traveling and exploring Accra so much because we want to remember all we can. We had a wonderful trip to Wli falls a couple weekends ago, a massive waterfall in the rainforest…it was absolutely stunning. We have also gone back to Kokrobrite beach, and held two fantastic fundraisers to raise money for the organizations that we have all worked with over the course of the semester. WE did really well at both, it feels great to make a difference after only four months. I had my last day working at New Horizon today, and lets just say that some tears were spilled, on all sides. I can’t express how touching of an experience I have had working there- I will never forget anyone there. The boys all kissed and hugged me, and presented me with the most glorious card. I will share it with you when I come home!
We have two more nights here and we are all just soaking everything up as best we can. Most of all, I feel so grateful, blessed, and eager to begin more adventures. I feel strong, capable, independent, but more importantly, I feel really whole, with the knowledge that I can do something as life-changing, challenging, heartbreaking, rewarding as this and then come home to the love and support that is my life at home. Life is staggeringly wonderful. And I thank you all so much for being a part of it.

All my love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment